AB is the "new" blood type
So upon the suggestion of Alyn and AJ, I went to Barnes and Noble's (American for "Chapter's" ) today to buy the book "eating for you blood type"....which is an AMAZING book on learning what foods your body can handle and which ones it doesn't handle well.
We looked all over the store and couldn't figure out where the section in which it would be was located...Apparently they are all labeled nicely above each shelving unit...Novel idea!!!
But anyhow, it made for a much more eventful evening, as we were helped by a very nice sales clerk. He was filling me in on all the great fad diets, which ones work, which ones don't, and that He had in fact had cancer and this book, "eating for your blood type", was key in his recovery after surgery and also from the "lymphoma (sp?)" he had as a result of either the cancer or the surgery (can't remember which he said)
Anyway....the part of the conversation that I'm stille baffled by is the remark he made about AB being the "new" blood type. He said that "O" was the "old" blood type and "AB" was the new. He went on to say that AB came from all the "A's" and "B's" getting together.
Now, I'm not a scientist, although I did major in Biology in college (for 1 semester)....somebody please set me straight if I am wrong...but this sounds a bit screwy. If "O' was the "old" blood type...then where did all the A's" and "B's" come from to "get together" and make "AB" babies?? And I just want to point out that this man and I were at least a generation apart and he claimed to be and "AB" as well....and then we have AJ who is "O". NOw again, correct me if I'm WAY off...but it just doesn't seem like it makes much of any kind of sense!!?!
But if it is true....would you "A's" and "B''s" stop "getting together" cuz you're screwing up us "AB''s" cuz apparently we can't eat anything!!!! Beef, Chicken, SUSHI!!!! It's all out...dairy too. Apparently we just need to become rabbits and eat vegetation....I guess that's where the weight loss come in!!
So, next time you all see me, I should be about 100lbs lighter....or have a tail and a twitchy nose!! either way! :)
We looked all over the store and couldn't figure out where the section in which it would be was located...Apparently they are all labeled nicely above each shelving unit...Novel idea!!!
But anyhow, it made for a much more eventful evening, as we were helped by a very nice sales clerk. He was filling me in on all the great fad diets, which ones work, which ones don't, and that He had in fact had cancer and this book, "eating for your blood type", was key in his recovery after surgery and also from the "lymphoma (sp?)" he had as a result of either the cancer or the surgery (can't remember which he said)
Anyway....the part of the conversation that I'm stille baffled by is the remark he made about AB being the "new" blood type. He said that "O" was the "old" blood type and "AB" was the new. He went on to say that AB came from all the "A's" and "B's" getting together.
Now, I'm not a scientist, although I did major in Biology in college (for 1 semester)....somebody please set me straight if I am wrong...but this sounds a bit screwy. If "O' was the "old" blood type...then where did all the A's" and "B's" come from to "get together" and make "AB" babies?? And I just want to point out that this man and I were at least a generation apart and he claimed to be and "AB" as well....and then we have AJ who is "O". NOw again, correct me if I'm WAY off...but it just doesn't seem like it makes much of any kind of sense!!?!
But if it is true....would you "A's" and "B''s" stop "getting together" cuz you're screwing up us "AB''s" cuz apparently we can't eat anything!!!! Beef, Chicken, SUSHI!!!! It's all out...dairy too. Apparently we just need to become rabbits and eat vegetation....I guess that's where the weight loss come in!!
So, next time you all see me, I should be about 100lbs lighter....or have a tail and a twitchy nose!! either way! :)
3 Comments:
I'm O+ so I guess it makes me the old type, but the sales assistants theory does sound rather dodgy!!!
Laura :)
My blood type lets me eat meat!!!! I found your blog after much searching!!!
So how is it going Rabbit girl? I of course am a meat eater (Thank God) but I don't think we can eat Rabbit so you should be safe! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home