Well this was my first day back in Texas...and, yes the first thing I did was go out for Mexican food...you just can't beat Mexican food in Texas...not even in Mexico I tell you!!
So far...I had lunch with my old college Pastor...had dinner with my mom and dad...and hung out at Deliverance Bible Church for there tuesday night service...all in all I'd say it was a good day!
Although it was a bit creepy walking into someone's house in which you have never met...hoping it's the right one, cuz they are out of town...and just making yourself at home! I mean, what happens if I found the wrong house!?
....for those of you that don't know...I am staying with David and Gayle Dyke, who are the pastors of Refuge Church here in Grapevine Texas...they have graciously offered their home to me, but are out of town...and I've never met them, so have NO clue what they even look like! woohoo...Oh well, if I've got the wrong house, it will be a hysterical story to tell later...kind of like the Robert Downy, Jr. story...only I'm not wasted..and hopefully won't end up in rehab after this!!!
toodles!
So far...I had lunch with my old college Pastor...had dinner with my mom and dad...and hung out at Deliverance Bible Church for there tuesday night service...all in all I'd say it was a good day!
Although it was a bit creepy walking into someone's house in which you have never met...hoping it's the right one, cuz they are out of town...and just making yourself at home! I mean, what happens if I found the wrong house!?
....for those of you that don't know...I am staying with David and Gayle Dyke, who are the pastors of Refuge Church here in Grapevine Texas...they have graciously offered their home to me, but are out of town...and I've never met them, so have NO clue what they even look like! woohoo...Oh well, if I've got the wrong house, it will be a hysterical story to tell later...kind of like the Robert Downy, Jr. story...only I'm not wasted..and hopefully won't end up in rehab after this!!!
toodles!
2 Comments:
Hopefully you ARE in the right house - if it's spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated, it's definitely the Dyke mansion. Welcome to our home - by the way, it's your turn to clean the bathroom! See you Sunday afternoon - bless you, Gayle
GREAT!! bathrooms are my specialty! ;)
Thanks Gayle..hope to see you..um, meet you soon! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home